Sign permits are required, and issued, by Storey County Community Development for temporary and permanent signage that meets the following criteria:
  • All commercial / industrial identification signs attached to the exterior of any building or erected anywhere on the property (includes signs put out and taken in every day of the week)
  • Temporary real estate / construction site signs over 6 square feet in area
  • Temporary subdivision approach signs
  • Permanent identification signs
    • Apartments
    • Public/quasi-public institutions
    • Religious facilities
    • Schools
    • Subdivisions
  • Illuminated signs:
  • Private traffic directional signs with logos or business name
  • Any sign attached to the exterior of a building window, wall or roof and any freestanding sign erected on the property
Download a copy of the Storey County Sign Permit Application.