Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
This page contains links and details for county, state and federal resources related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, as well as ways for you to keep up-to-date with social media and news alerts.
COVID-19 health-related updates for Storey County are posted here. The Quad-County EOC and Health Coalition follow CDC protocols for monitoring, tracking and managing known COVID-19 cases in the Storey, Carson, Douglas and Lyon counties region.
Call the State of Nevada COVID-19 hotline at 1-800-401-0946 from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
For more information, including testing and vaccination dates and locations, go to GetHealthyCarsonCity.org
March 22, 2021 Vaccine Update (taken from GetHealthyCarsonCity.org)
At this time, Carson City Health and Human Services recommends that Quad County residents, ages 16-64 years old with underlying conditions get the COVID-19 vaccine at participating pharmacies and private providers. In partnership with the Federal Government Pharmacy Program, pharmacies and providers are able to receive vaccines for the general population. Private medical practices and clinics will now be able to order vaccines for their patients, so we’re asking those with underlying conditions and disabilities to make an appointment with their doctor or routine care provider, or pharmacy to receive their vaccine. Healthcare professionals (doctors and pharmacists) are in the best position to assist people with underlying conditions.
Those who are eligible based on employment do not need to go through their employer however they must work in either Carson City, Douglas, Lyon, or Storey County. Appointments may be limited. Dates, times, and events are added weekly as we receive our vaccine allocation. People who are eligible should bring proof of identity to their appointment. People who are eligible in the Frontline/Essential Workforce lane must also bring proof of employment such as a badge or paystub.
To book an appointment for a vaccine, go to GetHealthyCarsonCity.org
Click here for additional details from the Quad Counties.
For more on prioritization and eligibility to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, please review the Nevada COVID-19 Playbook V3 here.
Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccinations
CVS Pharmacy: visit https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine to schedule an appointment.
Safeway Pharmacy: visit https://safeway.com/covidclinic to schedule an appointment.
Save Mart Pharmacy: visit https://www.savemart.com/pharmacy to schedule an appointment.
Smith’s Pharmacy: visit https://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/rx/covid-eligibility to schedule an appointment.
Walgreens Pharmacy: visit www.walgreens.com/schedulevaccine to schedule an appointment.
Walmart Pharmacy: visit https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302 to schedule an online appointment.
Storey County Business Recovery
- Storey County Launches Grant Program to Help Local Small Businesses - Deadline October 6
- August 13 letter to the Governor on County Mitigation Efforts
- May 28 Virginia City Merchant Town Hall on Phase 2 Guidelines
- May 8 Virginia City Merchant Town Hall on Phase 1 Guidelines
- Understanding Governor Sisolak’s Executive Directive 016 – Extending Previous Directives and Easing of Restrictions
- May 1 Virginia City Merchant Town Hall on Phase 2 Guidelines
- Letter to the Governor from Storey County
- COVID-19 Statement from your County Commission Chairman
- Occupant Load Capacities by Venue
- Statewide Pause Extended to Jan. 15, 2021
- Newly Revised Guidance from the CDC
- Nevada Commercial Rental Assistance Grant Program - Applications available August 24, 2020
- Governor Executive Directive 016 – April 29, 2020
- Curbside Commerce Safety Protocols – April 29, 2020
- Extension of Stay Home Directive with Initial Easing of Restrictions – April 29, 2020
- Nevada Roadmap to Recovery – April 30, 2020
County Updates and Resources
- Letter to the Governor from Storey County
- COVID-19 Statement from your County Commissioners
- May 1 Virginia City Merchant Business Zoom Meeting
- COVID-19 and Schools - Resource guide for parents, students and teachers
- Waste Management Transfer Station Update and Hours - April 3
- Restaurants and Services Open
- Community Development Letter Regarding Non-essential Businesses
- Senior Center
- Community Chest
- PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) Second Draw Loans
- PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) as Amended by the Economic Aid Act
- PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) Guidance on Accessing Capital for Minority, Underserved, Veteran and Women-owned business
- Senator Cortez-Masto
- Congressman Mark Amodei
- Small Business Resources from SBA
- Developing Your Workplace’s Reopening Plan
- How to Apply for Unemployment
- Unemployment Insurance Call Center
- Apply for Food Assistance and other Benefits Provided by the State
- Children Services and Mental Health
- School and Community Food Access Resources and Updates
- Nevada Department of Education
- USDA Business and Industry Cares Act Program
- USDA Rural Development COVID-19 resource page for rural residents and businesses
- Federal Rural Resource Guide
- Office of the Labor Commissioner Essential and Nonessential Businesses
- DETR Expands Online Helpdesk Hours - Unemployment Insurance Claims
- Department of Business and Industry - updates and announcements for the public and regulated industries
- Nevada JobConnect Career Centers
- Employ Nevada
- Resource guide for financial services available
- District Court Administrative Order
- My Ride To Work Announcement - provides daily commute rides to nearly 2,000 employees at TRI
- Mental Health Resources - The following documents are related to mental health issues that may be effecting some as they face issues related to COVID-19 including being shut in, germophobe matters, public safety, suicide, etc.
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
- Addressing PPE Needs in Non-Healthcare Settings
- IRS Guidance on tax deductions that cannot be deducted under PPP
Click the above link for up-to-date information on COVID-19 in the Quad-County Region (Carson, Douglas, Lyon and Storey).
- November Flu Vaccinations and FREE COVID-19 Tests
- October Flu Vaccinations and FREE COVID-19 Tests
- Latest Quad-County cases
The Quad-County Multiagency Coordination (MAC) Group, Incident Management Team (IMT), and Carson City Health and Human Services (CCHHS) will be conducting asymptomatic community based COVID-19 testing for people without symptoms in each of our counties (Carson City, Douglas, Lyon, and Storey counties). Testing is limited and will be by appointment only.
Quick link to resources on the Governor’s site:
- Declaration of Emergency Directive 033- Updated Guidance for Safe Gatherings (Sept. 29, 2020)
- For specifics on each of the new directives related to Safe Gatherings, Large Venue Gatherings, Places of Worship, Ceremonies and Events, click here
- Guidance on Directive 024 relating to Face Coverings
- Governor Sisolak’s Phase 2 Guidelines
- Governor Sisolak’s Roadmap to Recovery Phase 1 Guidelines and Protocols for Reopening
- Declaration of Emergency Directive 003
- Governor Sisolak’s Declarations and Announcements
- Nevada’s Response
- Governor’s Directive 009 - Expiring Licenses and Permits
- Department of Public Safety, Division of Emergency Management - Regulation defining essential and nonessential businesses
- Daily Situation Reports
- Resources for Schools and Families
- Travel Advisories and Information
- Business and Workforce
Click here to watch a video from the Nevada Governor’s encouraging residents to #StayHomeForNevada.