I just paid off my mortgage. What happens next?

When a mortgage or deed of trust is paid off, a reconveyance document is typically sent by the lender to be recorded. To check if this document has been recorded, you can use the online search, call our office, or sign up for Fraud Guard (automatic email alerts when a document is recorded in your name). 

Unlike a car, there is no new title or deed sent after paying off the loan.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a copy of my Deed or another recorded document?
2. How much do copies cost?
3. How do I add or remove a name from my property?
4. Is there a notary in the Recorder’s Office?
5. Where can I search records?
6. How do I electronically record (eRecord) documents?
7. What if the documents I need pre-date your online search of 1982?
8. How do I get all of the recorded documents on a property?
9. How can I find out who owns a property?
10. How do I search for maps or easements on my property?
11. Are document forms/templates available through the Recorder’s Office?
12. I just paid off my mortgage. What happens next?
13. I need my copies ASAP. Do you expedite?
14. Should I use the Public Records Request form to locate copies of recorded documents?