What licenses does the Sheriff's Department handle?

The Storey County Sheriff’s Department issues licenses for several specific types of businesses. Although the Business License Office will collect application materials for all businesses, our office will occasionally forward these materials--in the case of these specific types of businesses--to the Sheriff's Office, which will then process the materials and issue licenses. All other licenses are handled solely by the Business License Office.

Licenses for the following businesses will be issued by the Sheriff's Department:

  • Alarm companies
  • Brothels*
  • Daycares
  • Door to door
  • Escort services
  • Establishments that serve or sell liquor
  • Gaming establishments
  • Utilities

*Please refer all brothel applications or questions directly to the Sheriff’s Office.

Show All Answers

1. Can business flyers be distributed during special events?
2. Who needs a business license?
3. What information will I need to provide?
4. What licenses does the Sheriff's Department handle?