Protest / Appeals Process Information

Assessment Appeals Process

If you disagree with the value on which an assessment is based or believe the assessed value is too high compared to similar properties in your area, you may file an appeal with the Storey County Board of Equalization. The actual tax rate cannot be protested at the County Board of Equalization.

Please note that all appeals must be submitted by January 15 of each year.
  • Appeal forms are available by contacting the Assessor’s Office at 775-847-0961 or by email.

Protest Amount of Taxes Due to Tax Rate

The tax rate is set by the County Commissioners during an annual public hearing. This tax rate is concurred by the Nevada State Board of Taxation. If you are interested in providing input regarding the county tax rate, you are more than welcome to attend the annual public hearing.

For hearing dates and more information, please contact the Commissioner's office.