How can I start a neighborhood watch program?

To start a neighborhood watch program, it is recommended that you first meet with your neighbors to determine the level of interest in a watch program and the special concerns of people in your area. Set up an initial meeting date, and invite your Storey County Sheriff’s Office Neighborhood Watch program deputy, John-Michael Mendoza, to the meeting (775-847-0959).

During this meeting, Deputy Mendoza can answer questions about crime in your area as well as assist you in organizing your program and utilizing it most effectively. Deputy Mendoza will provide you with Neighborhood Watch decals, and we encourage as many homes as possible to prominently display these decals (for instance, on a window facing the street). 

To report a possible crime, violation, or burglary, please contact the Dispatch Center at 775-847-0950.

Show All Answers

1. How can I get a copy of an accident report?
2. How can I obtain a copy of a case report?
3. When I go on vacation will the Sheriff’s Office check my home?
4. How can I get information on sex offenders in the area?
5. What can I do about my neighbor’s barking dogs?
6. What should I do about an animal running loose in my neighborhood?
7. How can I obtain a concealed weapon permit?
8. How can I get fingerprinted?
9. How can I start a neighborhood watch program?
10. How do I dispute a traffic citation?
11. How do I pay a traffic citation?