Justice Court / Justice of the Peace
VIRGINIA TOWNSHIP JUSTICE COURT
Virginia City, Nevada
COURT RULES: - Rural Justice Court Rules (RJCR) - effective 04/05/2021
- Justice Court Rules of Civil Procedure
We are not an e-filing court. We do not accept documents for filing by email or facsimile.
Our Justice of the Peace is Eileen F. Herrington.
Judge Herrington presides over the following types of cases:
- Small claims
- Protective Orders
You may pay your traffic ticket on line or by phone. You may also pay in person at our office from 8:00 a.m, to 4:30 p.m.
Questions about traffic school? Please go to the NEVADA DMV website for questions about the types, locations, and costs of traffic schools throughout the state, and how to reduce demerit points on your driving record.
Si desea pagar una multa en linea, por favor vaya a www.virginiatownshippayments.com.
Si desea pagar una multa por telefono, llame 1-855-436-6811. Si desea hablar con alguien en nuestra oficina y usted necesita un interprete, por favor llamenos al 775-847-0962, y decir, "I need a Spanish interpreter, please."
Justice of the Peace Eileen F. Herrington was elected in November 2012 and began her bench duties on January 7, 2013. She was re-elected and began her second term in January 2019.
Prior to beginning her judicial term, Judge Herrington served in the Storey County District Attorney's Office for over 15 years. She established Storey County's first Victim Services Unit which received the 2011 Bringing Respect and Honor to Victims Award for Outstanding Criminal Justice Unit from the Alliance for Victim Rights.
• January 2020 - Certificate of Distinguished Achievement in Judicial Education from the Nevada Supreme Court
• January 2017 - Certificate of Advanced Achievement in Judicial Education from the Nevada Supreme Court - January 2017
• January 2017 - Established Storey County's first Pre-Trial and Alternative Sentencing Unit.
• May 2016 - Certificate in Judicial Development - Special Court Trial Skills from the National Judicial College - May 2016
• January 2015 - Certificate of Achievement in Judicial Education from the Nevada Supreme Court
Judge Herrington serves as Vice Chair for the Nevada Supreme Court Judicial Council Technology Committee. She is a member of the Nevada Judges of Limited Jurisdiction Association and the Sierra Judicial Council.
Judge Herrington also performs marriage ceremonies. Call our office at 775-847-0962 for an appointment.
Questions & Comments
We hope that we can answer your questions. Forms and instructions are available to assist you in many areas, including self-representation.
If you have questions, please contact our helpful staff at 775-847-0962 or send us an email at email@example.com.