Justice Court / Justice of the Peace
VIRGINIA TOWNSHIP JUSTICE COURT
Virginia Township Justice Court is located in Virginia City, Storey County, Nevada. We are a court of limited jurisdiction.
Our Justice of the Peace is Eileen F. Herrington.
Judge Herrington presides over the following types of cases:
- Small claims
- Protective Orders
You may pay your traffic ticket on line or by phone. You may also pay in person at our office: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m., to 4:30 p.m.
Notary Services are available from 8:00 a.m., to 4:30 p.m.
Questions about traffic school? Please go to the NEVADA DMV website for questions about the types, locations, and costs of traffic schools throughout the state, and how to reduce demerit points on your driving record.
Si desea pagar una multa en linea, por favor vaya a www.virginiatownshippayments.com.
Si desea pagar una multa por telefono, llame 1-855-436-6811. Si desea hablar con alguien en nuestra oficina y usted necesita un interprete, por favor llamenos al 775-847-0962, y decir, "I need a Spanish interpreter, please."
Justice of the Peace Eileen Herrington also performs marriage ceremonies and is available for weddings on evenings and weekends. Call our office at 775-847-0962 for an appointment. If you are trying to contact the judge for a wedding and it is after business hours, please call 775-847-0950 and ask the dispatcher to contact Judge Herrington.
Justice of the Peace Eileen F. Herrington was elected in November 2012 and began her bench duties on January 7, 2013.
Prior to beginning her judicial term, Judge Herrington served in the Storey County District Attorney's Office for over 15 years, where she established Storey County's first Victim Services Unit.
• 2011 recipient of the Bringing Respect and Honor to Victims Award for Outstanding Criminal Justice Unit, Alliance for Victim Rights.
• Certificate of Achievement in Judicial Education from the Nevada Supreme Court - January 2015
• Certificate in Judicial Development - Special Court Trial Skills from the National Judicial College - May 2016
• Certificate of Advanced Achievement in Judicial Education from the Nevada Supreme Court - January 2017
• In January 2017, Judge Herrington established Storey County's first Pre-Trial and Alternative Sentencing Unit.
Judge Herrington serves as Vice Chair for the Nevada Supreme Court Judicial Council Technology Committee. She is a member of the Nevada Judges of Limited Jurisdiction Association, Sierra Judicial Council, and American Judges Association.
Questions & Comments
We hope that we can answer your questions. Forms and instructions are available to assist you in many areas, including self-representation.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact our helpful staff at 775-847-0962.